In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Harbury like this:
HARBURY, or HARBERBURY, a parish in Southam district, Warwick; on the river Ichene, and on the Oxford and Birmingham railway, near the Fosse way, 2¾ miles WSW of Southam. It has a station with telegraph on the railway, and a post office under Leamington. Acres, 2, 060. Real property, £7, 150. Pop., 1, 206. Houses, 272. The property is subdivided. A cutting, on the line of the railway here, is 100 feet deep and 600 feet wide. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £268. * Patron, John Hudson, Esq. The church is ancient, in tolerable condition; and consists of nave, chancel, and S aisle, with a tower. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists, a national school, and charities £86.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Harbury has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Stratford on Avon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Harbury and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Harbury, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 13th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Harbury".