In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Warbleton like this:
WARBLETON, a parish in Hailsham district, Sussex; 6½ miles N by E of Hailsham r. station. It has a post-office under Hurst-Green. Acres, 5,763. Real property, £5,518. Pop., 1,431. Houses, 282. The manor belongs to the Earls of Ashburnham and Chichester, and the Trustees of Smith's charity. Stone House is the seat of J. R. Dunn, Esq.; and Markly, of G. Darby, Esq. An Augustinian canonry was founded here, in 1413, by Sir J. Pelham; and now forms part of a farmhouse The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chichester. Value, £585.* Patron, the Rev. G. E. Haviland. The church is good; and there are a parochial school, and charities £58.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Warbleton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Wealden. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Warbleton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Warbleton, in Wealden and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Warbleton".