In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Elmdon like this:
ELMDON, a parish in Solihull district, Warwick; near the Birmingham and Warwick canal, the Birmingham and Warwick railway, and the Birmingham and Coventry railway, 2 miles N of Solihull r. station, and 6½ SE by E of Birmingham. Post town, Bickenhill, under Birmingham. Acres, 1, 127. Real property, £2, 269. Pop., 206. Houses, 34. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Spooners. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £230.* Patron, not reported. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Elmdon has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Solihull. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Elmdon and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Elmdon, in Solihull and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 18th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Elmdon".