In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Brides Wentlloog like this:
BRIDES-WENTLLOOGE (St.), a parish in Newport district, Monmouth; on the coast and on the South Wales railway, adjacent to the mouth of the river Usk, 1½ mile E by N of Marshfield station, and 4 SSW of Newport. Post Town, Newport, Monmouth. Acres, 3,594; of which 1,690 are water. Real property, £3,073. Pop., 241. Houses, 47. The property is divided among a few. The having is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Coedkernew, in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £120.* Patron, the Bishop of Llandaff. The church is good; and there is an Independent chapel.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Brides Wentlloog, in and Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 31st August 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "St Brides Wentlloog".