In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kingston Near Lewes like this:
KINGSTON-BY-LEWES, a parish in Lewes district, Sussex; near the Lewes and Brighton railway, 2 miles SW of Lewehf. Post town, Lewes. Acres, 1, 653. Real property, £1, 805. Pop., 137. Houses, 27. Nearly all the property belongs to the Rev. John Goring. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Iford, in the diocese of Chichester. The church has a tower, with shingled spire; and contains a carved oak pulpit, and a brass of 1667.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Kingston Near Lewes has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Lewes. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Kingston Near Lewes and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kingston Near Lewes, in Lewes and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Kingston Near Lewes".