In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Burmington like this:
BURMINGTON, a parish in Shipston-on-Stour district, Warwick; on the river Stour, 2 miles S by E of Shipston-on-Stour, and 3 ESE of Moreton r. station. It has a post office under Shipston-on-Stour. Acres, 808. Real property, £1,793. Pop., 212. Houses, 46. The manor belonged, in the time of Henry VI., to Sir Humphrey Stafford; and passed to the Strangeways. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Wolford
in the diocese of Worcester. The church was recently rebuilt. There is a free school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Burmington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Stratford on Avon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Burmington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Burmington, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st December 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Burmington".