In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rudbaxton like this:
RUDBAXTON, a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke; adjacent to the West Cleddau river, 3 miles N of Haverfordwest r. station. Post-town, Haverfordwest. Acres, 4, 142. Real property, £3, 743. Pop., 586. Houses, 130. The property is much subdivided. Wythy-Bush is a chief residence. Poyston was the birthplace of Gen. Picton. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £199.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Rudbaxton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Pembrokeshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Rudbaxton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rudbaxton in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th November 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Rudbaxton".