In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Redwick like this:
REDWICK, a chapelry in Magor parish, Monmouth; on the coast of Caldicot level, 2 miles S S W of Magor r.station, and 7 E S E of Newport. Post-town, Magor, under Chepstow. Acres, 7, 794; of which 5, 560 are water. Real property, £4, 319. Pop., 289. Houses, 50. The property is subdivided. The living is annexed to the vicarage of Magor in the diocese of Llandaff. The church is good; and there is a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Redwick has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Newport. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Redwick and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Redwick, in Newport and Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 12th February 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Redwick".