In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Radur like this:
RADYR, or Radir, a parish in Cardiff district, Glamorgan; on the Merthyr-Tydvil canal, the river Taff, and the Taff Vale railway, 1½ mile N W of Llandaff r.station, and 4½ N W of Cardiff. Post-town, Llandaff, under Cardiff. Acres, 1, 530. Real property, £1, 876-Pop., 472. Houses, 89. R. Court was the seat of the Matthews family, and is now a farm-house. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £115. Patrons, the Heirs of the Earl of Plymouth.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Radur has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Cardiff. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Radur and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Radur, in Cardiff and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 11th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Radur".