In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Priestholm like this:
PUFFIN ISLAND, or Priestholme, an extra-parochial island in the N E of Anglesey; at the W side of themonth of the Menai strait, 4½ miles N E of Beaumaris. It is about a mile long; is known to the Welsh as Ynys Seiriol; belonged to the monks of Penmon; and has a tower 40 feet high, built by the monks, and a quondamtelegraph, 160 feet high, in the line of communicationfrom Holyhead to Liverpool.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Priestholm has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of the Isle of Anglesey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Priestholm and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Priestholm in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Priestholm".