In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wall like this:
WALL, a township and a chapelry in Lichfield-St. Michael parish, Stafford. The township lies on Watling-street, 2¼ miles SSW of Lichfield r. station; and includes the site of the Roman Etocetum, where Roman bricks and pavements, and other Roman remains have been found. Pop., 87. Houses, 19. The chapelry was constituted in 1845. Post town, Lichfield. Pop, 243. Houses, 45. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £53.* Patron, the Rector of St. Michael.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Wall has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Lichfield. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Wall and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wall, in Lichfield and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wall".