In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Billesley like this:
BILLESLEY, a parish in Stratford-on-Avon district, Warwick; near the Stratford and Birmingham canal, 4 miles WNW of Stratford r. station. Post Town, Stratford-on-Avon. Acres, 750. Real property, £786. Pop., 35. Houses, 6. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £300. Patrons, M. Miles, Esq., and Rev. T. Higgins. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Billesley has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Stratford on Avon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Billesley and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Billesley, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Billesley".