In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thorpe Constantine like this:
THORPE-CONSTANTINE, a parish in Tamworth district, Stafford; 4 miles NE of Tamworth r. station. Post town, Tamworth. Acres, 953. Real property, £1,891. Pop., 54. Houses, 5. The manor, with T. Hall, belongs to Lieut.-Col. W. Inge. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £89. Patron, Lieut.-Col. W. Inge.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Thorpe Constantine has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Lichfield. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Thorpe Constantine and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thorpe Constantine, in Lichfield and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Thorpe Constantine".