In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Swynnerton like this:
SWINNERTON, a village and a parish in Stone district, Stafford. The village stands 2 miles E by N of Standon-Bridge r. station, and 3 NW by W of Stone; was once a market-town; and has a post-office under Stone. The parish includes five townships and a part. Acres, 6,529. Real property, £8,844. Pop., 880. Houses, 193. The manor belonged anciently to the Swinnertons; and went, in the time of Henry VIII., to the Fitzherberts. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £1,088. Patron, W. Taylor, Esq. The church was repaired in 1868. Charities, £9.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Swynnerton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Stafford. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Swynnerton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Swynnerton, in Stafford and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th September 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Swynnerton".