In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stretton like this:
STRETTON, a chapelry in Penkridge parish, Stafford; 3 miles SW of Penkridge r. station. It has a post-office under Stafford. Rated property, £2,641. Pop., 273. Houses, 54. S. Halland S. House are chief residences. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £86.* Patron, Lord Hatherton.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Stretton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Staffordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Stretton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stretton in South Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th October 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Stretton".