In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Aston Cantlow like this:
ASTON-CANTLOW, or Aston-Cantelupe, a parish in Alcester district, Warwick; on the river Alne, near the Birmingham and Stratford canal, 2½ miles W by S of Bearley r. station, and 5½ NW of Stratford-on-Avon. It includes the divisions of Newnham, Sheffield, Little Alne, and Pathlow, and part of the hamlet of Wilncott; and its Post Town is Henley-in-Arden, under Birmingham. Acres, 4,300. Real property, £7,611,-of which £1,563 are in quarries. Pop., 1,055. Houses, 230. The manor belonged anciently to the Cantelupes. The right to a market was obtained by one of the Cantelupes in the time of Henry III.; but has gone into disuse. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of Wilmcote, in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £93.* Patron, the Rev. E. B. K. Fortescue. The church has an embattled tower.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Aston Cantlow has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Stratford on Avon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Aston Cantlow and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Aston Cantlow, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Aston Cantlow".