In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Prendergast like this:
PRENDERGAST, a village and a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke. The village stands on the river Cleddau, and on the South Wales railway, at Haverfordwest r. station; is suburban to Haverfordwest; communicates with that town by a bridge; and is a seat of petty sessions. The parish comprises 1, 104 acres, and is partly within Haverfordwest borough. Post-town, Haverfordwest. Real property, £4,072. Pop., 1, 540. Houses, 309. Pop. of the H. borough part, 1, 326. Houses, 261. The property is subdivided. A seat of the Prendergasts and the Stepneys was here. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £183. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is early English, and was recently in disrepair.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Prendergast has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Pembrokeshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Prendergast and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Prendergast in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 11th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Prendergast".