In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Peterstone Wentlloog like this:
PETERSTONE, a parish in Newport district, Monmouth; on the coast, 1 mile S of Marshfield r. station, and 6 S W by S of Newport Post-town, Newport, Monmouth. Acres, 3, 234; of which 1, 100 are water. Real property, £3, 200. Pop., 180. Houses, 33. The property is much subdivided. The surface is part of Went-llooge level. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £57. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Bristol. The church was built by Maud, the daughter of Fitzhamon; and was recently in very bad condition.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Peterstone Wentlloog has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Newport. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Peterstone Wentlloog and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Peterstone Wentlloog, in Newport and Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th October 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Peterstone Wentlloog".