In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rushall like this:
RUSHALL, a parish, with a village and a r. station, in Walsall district, Stafford; on the North Staffordshire railway, 1 mile N N E of Walsall. Acres, 1, 924. Post-town, Walsall. Real property, £8,094; of which £570 are in mines. Pop. in 1851, 1, 946; in 1861, 2, 842. Houses, 586. The property is divided among a few. Aseat of the Bowleses, the Grobbers, and the Leighs was here, but went to ruin. Limestone and ironstoneabound, and are worked. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £292.* Patrons, W. Mellish and B. Gurdon, Esqs. The church was rebuilt in 1444, and recently repaired. An Independent chapel was built in 1861; and is in the early English style, with a tower. There is a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Rushall has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Walsall. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Rushall and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rushall, in Walsall and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Rushall".