In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Penrhyn like this:
PENRHYN, a place in the N E of Carnarvon; 3 miles N E of Conway.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Penrhyn has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Conwy. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Penrhyn and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Penrhyn, in Conwy and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Penrhyn".