In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Milton Regis like this:
Milton next Sittingbourne, town and par., Kent, on creek of river Swale, on NW. side of Sittingbourne, 2558 ac., pop. 4219; has long been celebrated for its oysters, great quantities of which are sent to the London market; the church succeeded an earlier Saxon building.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Milton Regis has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Swale. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Milton Regis and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Milton Regis, in Swale and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Milton Regis".