In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Nash like this:
NASH, a parish, with a small village, in Newport district, Monmouth; on the coast of Bristol channel, at theleft side of the mouth of the river Usk, 3 miles S W of Llanwern r. station, and 3½ S S E of Newport. Post-town, Newport, Monmouth. Acres, 3, 563; of which825 are water. Real property, £4, 792; of which £10 are in fisheries. Pop., 284. Houses, 54. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £80. Patron, Eton College. The church is pretty good. Charities, £30.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Nash has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Newport. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Nash and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Nash, in Newport and Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 11th December 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Nash".