In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woodford like this:
WOODFORD, a parish, with W. village and West Farndon and Hinton hamlets, in Daventry district, Northampton; 7½ miles NE of Cropredy r. station, and 7½ S by W of Daventry. It has a postal wall-box under Daventry. Acres, 2,655. Real property, £5,641. Pop., 735. Houses, 186. The property is much subdivided. W. manor belongs to the Earl of Ellesmere; West Farndon manor, to A. Cartwright, Esq.; Hinton manor, to Sir R. Knightley, Bart. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £275.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good; and there are Moravian and Wesleyan chapels, a national school, and charities £12.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Woodford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Daventry. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Woodford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woodford, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Woodford".