In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Whilton like this:
WHILTON, a parish, with a village, in Daventry district, Northampton; 3½ miles SSE of Crick r. station, and 4½ ENE of Daventry. It has a post-office under Daventry. Acres, 1,270. Real property, £2,582. Pop., 350. Houses, 81. W. Lodge is the seat of J. A. Craven, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £400.* Patron, W. G. Rose, Esq. The church is good; and there are an endowed school with £57 a year, and charities £15.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Whilton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Daventry. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Whilton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Whilton, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 02nd July 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Whilton".