In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Walgrave like this:
WALGRAVE, a parish, with a village, in Brixworth district, Northampton; 4¼ miles E by N of Brixworth r. station. It has a post-office under Northampton. Acres, 2,040. Real property, £4,291. Pop., 650. Houses, 141. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £500. Patron, the Bishop of P. The church is handsome, and has a tower and spire. There are two Baptist chapels, a national school, and charities £80.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Walgrave has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Daventry. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Walgrave and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Walgrave, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Walgrave".