In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wadenhoe like this:
WADENHOE, a parish in Oundle district, Northampton; 4 miles SSW of Oundle r. station. It has a post-office under Oundle. Acres, 1,150. Real property, £1,623. Pop., 270. Houses, 56. The manor, with W. House, belongs to G. W. Hunt, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £286.* Patron, G. Capron, Esq. The church is old. There is a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Wadenhoe has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Northamptonshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Wadenhoe and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wadenhoe in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wadenhoe".