In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Binderton like this:
BINDERTON, a parish in Westhampnett district, Sussex; 3½ miles N by W of Chichester r. station. Post Town, Chichester. Acres, 1,790. Real property, £1,139. Pop., 109. Houses, 16. Binderton House is the seat of the Teasdales. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of West Dean, in the diocese of Chichester. The church is in ruins.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Binderton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Chichester. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Binderton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Binderton, in Chichester and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 02nd September 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Binderton".