In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Titchmarsh like this:
TITCHMARSH, a parish, with a village, in Thrapston district, Northampton; 2 miles NE of Thrapston r. station. It has a post-office under Thrapston. Acres, 4,480. Real property, £6,810. Pop., 893. Houses, 213. The manor belongs to Lord Lilford. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £782.* Patron, Lord Lilford. The church is later English, and has a pinnacled tower. There are a national school, alms houses with £165 a year, and other charities £85.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Titchmarsh has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Northamptonshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Titchmarsh and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Titchmarsh in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Titchmarsh".