In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thornhaugh like this:
THORNHAUGH, a parish in the district of Stamford and county of Northampton; 1¼ mile NNW of Wansford-Road r. station. Post town, Wansford. Acres, 1,706. Real property, £2,031. Pop., 243. Houses, 50. The property belongs to the Duke of Bedford. The living is a rectory, united with Wansford, in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £483.* Patron, the Duke of Bedford. The church is ancient. There is a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Thornhaugh has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Peterborough. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Thornhaugh and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thornhaugh, in Peterborough and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 09th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Thornhaugh".