In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Strixton like this:
STRIXTON, a parish in Wellingborough district, Northampton; 4 miles S by W of Wellingborough r. station. Post town, Wellingborough. Acres, 889. Real property, £1,237. Pop., 61. Houses, 12. The living is a rectory, annexed to Bozeat, in the diocese of Peterborough. The church is early English.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Strixton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Wellingborough. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Strixton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Strixton, in Wellingborough and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Strixton".