In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Staverton like this:
STAVERTON, a parish, with a village, in Daventry district, Northampton; 2½ miles WSW of Daventry, and 5¾ W by N of Weedon r. station. It has a post-office under Daventry. Acres, 2,240. Real property, £5,003. Pop., 486. Houses, 118. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £700.* Patron, Christchurch, Oxford. The church is good, and there are an endowed school with £44 a year, and charities £42.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Staverton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Daventry. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Staverton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Staverton, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Staverton".