In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stanwick like this:
STANWICK, a parish, with a village, in Thrapston district, Northampton; 1¾ mile ENE of Higham-Ferrers r. station. It has a post-office under Higham-Ferrers. Acres, 1,830. Real property, £3,827. Pop., 669. Houses, 147. The property is subdivided. There are several good residences. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £600.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is early English, and has a tower and spire. There are three dissenting chapels, a national school, and charities £25. Archbishop Dolben and the dramatist R. Cumberland were natives.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Stanwick has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Northamptonshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Stanwick and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stanwick in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Stanwick".