In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Slipton like this:
SLIPTON, a parish in Thrapston district, Northampton; 3 miles WNW of Thrapston r. station. Post town, Thrapston. Acres, 720. Real property, £924. Pop., 144. Houses, 29. The manor belongs to Mrs. Stopford. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £107. Patron, Mrs. Stopford. The church is good; and there is a parochial school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Slipton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Northamptonshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Slipton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Slipton in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 13th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Slipton".