In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Slapton like this:
SLAPTON, a parish, with a village, in Towcester district, Northampton; 3¾ miles WSW of Towcester, and 7½ SW of Blisworth r. station. Post town, Towcester. Acres, 930. Real property, £1,090. Pop., 240. Houses, 50. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £116. Patron, the Rev. T.Welch. The church is in mixed architecture; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Slapton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Northamptonshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Slapton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Slapton in South Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Slapton".