In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Great Wratting like this:
WRATTING (Great and Little), two parishes in Risbridge district, Suffolk; 2¼ and 1¾ miles NNE of Haverhill r. station. Post town, Haverhill, under Newmarket. Acres, 1,329 and 936. Real property, £1,858 and £1,168. Pop., 423 and 193. Houses, 86 and 38. The property is not much divided. The livings are conjoint rectories in the diocese of Ely. Value, £616.* Patron, F. Drake, Esq. The churches are tolerable; and there are a national school, and charities £15.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Great Wratting has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of St Edmundsbury. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Great Wratting and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Great Wratting, in St Edmundsbury and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Great Wratting".