In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Paulerspury like this:
PAULERSPURY, a village and a parish in Potterspury district, Northampton. The village stands near Watling-street, 1½ mile N of the boundary with Bucks, 2¾ S S E of Towcester, and 5¼ S W of Roade r. station; and has a post-office under Towcester. The parish contains also the hamlet of Heathencote, and comprises 2, 961acres. Real property, £5, 602. Pop., 1, 233. Houses, 281. The manor belongs to G. Shedden, Esq. Paulerspury House is the residence of Mrs. E. Ashby. Romancoins have been found. ...
Pillow lace is made. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Petersborough. Value, £864. Patron, New College, Oxford. The church is early and decorated English, with later English tower; was partly rebuilt in 1844, and partly restored in 1855; comprises nave, aisles, N chapel, and chancel; and contains a piscina, very fine sedilia, and an altar-tomb of the 14th century. There are chapels for Independents and Wesleyans, a handsome Church of England school, erected in 1861, and endowed with £41 a year, an Independent school, and charities £33. Professor Bernardwas a native.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Paulerspury has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Northamptonshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Paulerspury and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Paulerspury in South Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Paulerspury".