In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pattishall like this:
PATTISHALL, or Pateshull, a village and a parish in Towcester district, Northampton. The village stands near Watling-street, 3¼ miles W by N of Blisworth r.station, and 4¼ N N W of Towcester; and has a post-office, of the name of Pattishall, under Towcester. The parish contains also the hamlets of Ascote, Dalscote, Eastcote, and Catchems-End, and parts of Fosters-Booth and Foxley. ...
Acres, 2, 460. Real property, £6,008. Pop. in 1851, 775; in 1861, 885. Houses, 199. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to the Earl of Pomfret. Pattishall House is the seat of T. Drayson, Esq. The living is a vicarage in two parts, called P.-Upper and P.-Lower, in the diocese of Peterborough. Value of P.-Upper, £136; of P.-Lower, not reported. Patron, of theformer, the Lord Chancellor; of the latter, the Rev. T.Welch. The church is Norman and good; and consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower. There are two Baptist chapels, a primitive Methodist chapel, an endowed school with £24 a year, and charities £172. Chief-Justices Simon and Martin de Pateshull, Bishop Hugh de Pateshull, and Dean Steward, were natives.
Pattishall is now part of South Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pattishall itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pattishall in South Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pattishall ".