In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Goldenhill like this:
GOLDENHILL, a chapelry in Wolstanton parish, Stafford; adjacent to Cheshire, and near the Northwestern railway, 1½ mile from Tunstall, and 6¼ NNW of Stoke-upon-Trent. It was constituted in 1844; and it has a post office under Stoke-upon-Trent. Pop., 2, 621. Houses, 517. The property is divided among a few. There are collieries, iron-works, and chemical works. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £203.* Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield. The church is a neat edifice, in the Norman style; and there is a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Goldenhill has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Stoke on Trent. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Goldenhill and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Goldenhill, in Stoke on Trent and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Goldenhill".