In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fulford like this:
FULFORD, a chapelry, which is also a liberty, in Stone parish, Stafford; on the Stoke and Uttoxeter railway, near Cresswell r. station, 5 miles NE of Stone. Post town, Blithe-Marsh, under Stone. The statistics are returned with the parish. There are stone quarries. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £129. Patron, T. Allen, Esq. The church is modern. There are a national school, and charities £24.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Fulford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Stafford. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Fulford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fulford, in Stafford and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Fulford".