In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Moulton like this:
MOULTON, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Brixworth district, Northamptonshire. The village stands 3 miles E of Brampton r. station, and 4 NE by N of Northampton; is a large place; and has a post office under Northampton.The parish comprises 1,680 acres. Real property, £7,352. Pop. in 1851,1,511; in 1861, 1,840. Houses, 401. The property is subdividedMoulton Grange was formerly the seat of Col. Hatton, and is now the seat of J. Nethercote, Esq. Thorpelands is the seat of J. ...
Beasley, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £400. * Patron, the Rev. T. Walker. The church is partly Norman, all good; and consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a lofty tower. There are a Baptist chapel, two Wesleyan chapels, a handsome national school in the modern Gothic style, several schools for instructing girls in lacemaking, and charities amounting formerly to £120 a year, but now much diminished.The sub-district contains also seven other parishes, and an extra-parochial tract. Acres, 16,891. Pop., 4,890. Houses, 1,069.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Moulton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Daventry. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Moulton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Moulton, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Moulton".