In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Moreton Pinkney like this:
MORTON-PINKNEY, a village and a parish in Brackley district, Northampton. The village stands 5¾ miles NNE of Farthinghoe r. station, and 8 W by N of Towcester; and has a post office under Banbury. The parish comprises 2,422 acres. Real property, £4,3 44. Pop., 570. Houses, 135. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to E. Sempill, Esq. The Manor House is ancient, bears the shields of the families of Cope and Candler, was restored and enlarged in 1860, and is approached through lodge-gates bearing the arms of the Sempills. ...
A chalybeate spring is at the SW extremity of the village. Lace-making is carried on. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £220. Patron, Oriel College, Oxford. The church is chiefly ancient; was restored and partly rebuilt in 1845; and consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with porches and low tower. There are a Baptist chapel, a national and an infant school, and charities £32.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Moreton Pinkney has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Northamptonshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Moreton Pinkney and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Moreton Pinkney in South Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th September 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Moreton Pinkney".