In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Milton Malsor like this:
MILTON, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Hardingstone district, Northamptonshire. The village stands near the Northampton canal, 1 mile NE of Blisworth-Junction r. station, and 3½ SSW of Northampton; is sometimes called Middleton-Malzor; and has a postoffice, of the name of Milton, under Northampton. The Parish comprises 1,190 acres. Real property, £3,763. Pop., 668. Houses, 144. The manor belongs to J. Blake, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Valne, £340. * Patron, the Rev. T. A. Kershaw The church is good, and has a spire. There are a Baptist chapels and charities £52. &md. The Subdistrict contains also five other parishes. Acres, 7,930. Pop., 2,857. Houses, 621.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Milton Malsor has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Northamptonshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Milton Malsor and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Milton Malsor in South Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 11th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Milton Malsor".