In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Marston St Lawrence like this:
MARSTON-ST., a village and a parish in Brackley district, Northampton. The village stands 1½ mile NNE of Farthinghoe r. station, and 5¼ NW of Brackley; and has a postal wall-box under Banbury. The parish contains also the hamlet of Westrop, and comprises 1,230 acres. Real property, £4,071. Pop., 535. Houses, 122. The property is divided among a few. The manor, with Marston House, belongs to J. A. Blencowe, Esq. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of Warkworth, in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £420.* Patron, J. J. Blencowe, Esq. The church is ancient, of varions dates; consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with embattled tower; and contains sedilia, a carved oak altar-piece, a piscina, and several monuments of the Blencowes. There is a free school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Marston St Lawrence has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Northamptonshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Marston St Lawrence and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Marston St Lawrence in South Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 02nd October 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Marston St Lawrence".