In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Forsbrook like this:
FORSBROOK, a township in Dilhorne parish, and a chapelry in Dilhorne and Stone parishes, Stafford. The township lies near the Blyth-Bridge station of the Stoke and Uttoxeter railway, 3 miles WSW of Cheadle. Real property, £3, 301. Pop., 724. Houses, 162. The chapelry comprises nearly all the township; includes only a small part of Stone parish; and was constituted in 1849. Post town, Blyth-Marsh, under Stone. Pop., 765. Houses, 168. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £158.* Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Forsbrook has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Staffordshire Moorlands. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Forsbrook and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Forsbrook in Staffordshire Moorlands | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 09th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Forsbrook".