In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lutton like this:
LUTTON, or LUDDINGTON-IN-THE-WOLD, a parish in the district of Oundle and counties of Northampton and Huntingdon; 5 miles E of Oundle town and r. station. Post town, Oundle. Acres, 1,509. Real property of the N portion, £727. Pop., 163. Houses, 37. Real property of the H. portion, £341. Pop., 33. Houses, 6. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Hon. G. W. Fitzwilliam. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Washingley, in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £220.* Patron, the Hon. G. W. Fitzwilliam. The church consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower; and was recently in disrepair. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £11.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Lutton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Northamptonshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Lutton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lutton in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Lutton".