In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lowick like this:
LOWICK, or LUFFWICK, a village and a parish in Thrapston district, Northampton. The village stands on an affluent of the river Nen, 2 miles NW by N of Thrapston r. station; and has a post office, of the name of Lowick, under Thrapston. The parish comprises 2,200 acres. Real property, £2,744. Pop., 427. Houses, 86. The manor, with Drayton House, belongs to W. B. Stopford, Esq. Part of a Roman pavement was found in 1736. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £308. * Patron, Mrs. Stopford. The church is later English; has a square tower and an octagonal lantern; and contains fine stained glass windows, brasses of Henry Green and an Earl of Wiltshire, and monuments to Sir Walter de Vere and Sir John Germain. There are an endowed school with £90 a year, and charities £35.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Lowick has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Northamptonshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Lowick and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lowick in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 11th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Lowick".