In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lamport like this:
LAMPORT, a village and a parish in Brixworth district, Northamptonshire. The village stands near the Northampton and Market-Harborough railway, 9 miles N of Northampton; and has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Northampton. The parish contains also the hamlet of Hanging-Houghton. Acres, 1,440. Real property, £4,704. Pop., 291. Houses, 52. The property is divided among a few. The manor and much of the land belong to Sir Charles Isham, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £1,000.* Patron, Sir C. Isham, Bart. The church is ancient but good, and has a tower. There are a free school with £56 a-year, other charities with £72, and alms-houses.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Lamport has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Daventry. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Lamport and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lamport, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 12th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Lamport".