In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Isham like this:
ISHAM, a village and a parish in Wellingborough district, Northampton. The village stands on an affluent of the river Nen, near the Midland railway, 3 miles SSE of Kettering; and has a station, jointly with Burton-Latimer, on the railway, and a post office under Wellingborough. The parish comprises 1, 150 acres. Real property, £2, 933. Pop., 433. Houses, 93. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Hon. Mrs. Pery. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £450.* Patron, the Bishop of Peterborough. The church is good, and has a tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £76.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Isham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Wellingborough. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Isham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Isham, in Wellingborough and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 13th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Isham".