In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dunstall like this:
DUNSTALL, a township-chapelry in Tatenhall parish, Stafford; near the Grand Trunk canal and the Derby and Birmingham railway, on the border of Needwood forest, 4½ miles WSW of Burton-upon-Trent. It has a post office under Burton-upon-Trent. Real property, £3, 506. Pop., 240. Houses, 51. Dunstall Lodge is the seat of the Arkwrights. The chapelry was constituted in 1854. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £120.* Patron, John Hardy, Esq. The church is modern.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Dunstall has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Staffordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Dunstall and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dunstall in East Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th November 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Dunstall".