In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Upper Heyford like this:
HEYFORD (Upper), a parish in the district and county of Northampton; 2¼ miles E of Weedon r. station, and 5½ W of Northampton. Post town, Heyford, under Weedon. Acres, 726. Real property, £1, 827. Pop., 116. Houses, 28. The manor belongs to Sir Charles Knightley, Bart. There is no church; and the inhabitants attend that of Nether Heyford. Charities, £20.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Upper Heyford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Northamptonshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Upper Heyford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Upper Heyford in South Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Upper Heyford".